In 2014, a total of over 300 trainees participated in student internships and work placement programmes at PKN ORLEN.
PKN ORLEN cares for the professional development of not only its own employees, but also young people just entering the workforce, such as university graduates and school leavers, by providing them with an opportunity to gain their first professional experience as interns and on work placement programmes.
We have been organising internships for years as a partner of schools, universities and job centres across Poland, and by getting involved in nationwide and international competitions. In 2014, PKN ORLEN co-organised:
- Paid work placements in the nationwide ‘Grasz o staż’ (‘Win a Work Placement’) competition, organised by PwC Polska;
- Paid work placements in the nationwide ‘Program Kariera’ (‘Career Programme’) competition, organised by Polska Rada Biznesu (Polish Business Roundtable);
- Paid work placements under the ‘Leopolis for future’ programme, designed to foster international cooperation and enable Ukrainian students to learn best European working practices in various areas of business and economy;
- Work placements offered in collaboration with job centres across Poland − under the programme, trainees entered different areas of the Company’s business on paid work placements that lasted several months;
- Group and diploma internships organised as part of ORLEN’s partnership with high schools and universities.