Key initiatives undertaken by PKN ORLEN for its shareholders and investors in 2014 included:
- Announcing the PKN ORLEN strategy for 2014–2017;
- Paying dividend of PLN 1.44 per share for 2013;
- Issuing Eurobonds worth EUR 500m;
- Closing the public bond issue programme addressed to retail investors; six bond series with an aggregate value of PLN 1bn were issued under the programme in 2013 and 2014; the bonds are traded on the Catalyst market;
- PKN ORLEN’s participation in the Shareholder Democracy, Informed Investments education campaign for retail stock exchange investors.
The Company engages in an ongoing dialogue with capital market stakeholders. During meetings with investors and analysts as well as in telephone calls and e-mails, PKN ORLEN representatives provide information on the Company and receive feedback from shareholders, investors and stock-exchange analysts. Four times a year, after presentation of our quarterly results, we receive analysts’ opinions on the data we have published and the manner of its presentation. In addition, once a year we conduct a perception study among analysts and investors. The information, suggestions and expectations so gathered are used in our day-to-day communication efforts. We also come up with our own change and improvement proposals. Prior to any significant change in our regular publications or the extent of presented data, the PKN ORLEN Investor Relations staff contact capital market representatives to get their opinions. This feedback, among other things, is used to make a final decision on whether a particular change should be introduced.
Our open and comprehensive communication with the capital market was again appreciated last year, as evidenced by the following distinctions for our Investor Relations activities:
- In 2014, PKN ORLEN again participated in the eighth edition of the Respect Index project.
- PKN ORLEN ranked in the top three of Polish listed companies that best report their ESG (non-financial) data, in the groups of WIG20 and mWIG40 companies and energy sector companies, according to the second edition of a ranking list compiled by the Polish Association of Stock Exchange Issuers, GES and Crido Business Consulting.
- For the second consecutive year, PKN ORLEN received The Best of The Best special award in the Best Annual Report 2013 contest organised by the Accounting and Tax Institute.
- PKN ORLEN was recognised for its corporate governance and quality of communication with the capital market in the eighth edition of the WarsawScan 2014 survey prepared by NBS.